Feldman Equities LLC & Tower Realty Partners Acquire Downtown Tampa Development Site
Riverwalk Tower, LLC, a joint venture of Feldman Equities, LLC and Tower Realty Partners, acquired a 1.47 acre land site and the adjacent CapTrust office building in Downtown Tampa from Brownstone Tampa Partners LLC, a company controlled by Forge Capital Partners LLC, for $12.05 million.
The site sits on the edge of the new Tampa Riverwalk. The land boundaries are South Ashley Drive on its east boundary, Borein Street to the property’s south, the Hillsborough River to the west and Whiting Street to the north. The site has over 350 lineal feet of waterfront. The property is widely considered to be the most desirable location in downtown Tampa because of its extensive water views, immediate adjacency to the Tampa Riverwalk and its close proximity to the “core” high-rise district of downtown Tampa.
The site will be home to Riverwalk Place, a 52-story office and luxury residential building. The development group expects to break ground during the latter half of 2017, with completion in early 2020. The office portion of Riverwalk Place will be the first new office building to be constructed in downtown Tampa since 1992.
Riverwalk Tower will be the tallest building in Tampa and
the tallest building on the West Coast of Florida.
It is expected to become an iconic building that will dominate the Tampa skyline.
Tenants will have immediate access to the Riverwalk directly from the building’s lobby. This allows tenants to utilize the Riverwalk to go bicycling, jogging, or simply walk their dogs, without ever touching a city street.
Riverwalk Tower will be the most technologically advanced building in the Tampa Bay area. The office and residential floors will feature 270 degree water views, including the Hillsborough River, Tampa Bay and the Tampa Port.
Due to the site’s location at the southern end of downtown, Riverwalk Tower’s tenants will enjoy unobstructed, 270 degree water views. On a clear day, residents will be able to see downtown St. Petersburg and the Skyway Bridge.
The mixed-use tower is being designed by internationally renowned architect Gensler and will feature the following:
- The ground floor level, will feature a series of retail uses including at least three waterfront restaurants, with waterfront seating facing the new Tampa Riverwalk. In addition, there will be a fourth restaurant and a rooftop bar, which will be located at level 8 above the parking garage.
- 7-story parking garage with hi-speed elevators will move people quickly from garage to office tower or the residential tower.
- The top deck of the parking garage will feature a huge rooftop garden offering tenants an expansive green space within an urban setting.
- 13-Story office tower with 188,000 square feet of rentable office space above the parking garage
- 31-Story, 210 unit luxury condo tower above the office section
- 10 foot high floor-to-ceiling glass.